« Projects Home
One Cup of Coffee
Reach local unreached people groups with the Gospel and a sustainable community development plan that will provide both training and support to meet specialty grade coffee standards from crop to cup.Become An Advocate
A massive urbanization project is relocating millions of people from the countryside to the cities. Many are leaving under government directives but ethnic minority farmers are relocating due to sheer poverty. This is splitting up families and communities as the young and healthy leave to find work in the city. There is a growing disparity between the needs of those left behind and the small number of those remaining who are able to tend to them. We are partnering with local churches to impact some of the most stricken communities. Help us create a sustainable development infrastructure, change lives, plant churches, and produce some great coffee.
This project is in a diverse region that is home to many different people groups. Most worship the land and the spirits they believe dwell within it. In their midst is one of the largest consumers of coffee in the area -- a Muslim people group with no known believers. Through this project we will be able to engage them all with the gospel.
The local environment hosts a tropical climate with dense forests, beautiful mountains, and abundant water. There has been volcanic activity in years past that has blessed the region with rich and fertile soil.
Upcoming Mission Trips
|12/01/2016 - 12/01/2019||Flexible team size. FLEXIBLE DATES. 14 DAYS.||$560 plus airfare, insurance, visa|
Coffee Carts: $15,000
- 5 carts @ $3,000 each
Shared Coffee Processing facility: $50,000
- Rent for 3 years = $30,000 ($10,000 per year)
- Roaster = $10,000
- Coffee huller = $2,500
- Drying slab = $2,500
- Climate control for storage = $5,000
SCAE Certification courses for farm foremen: $20,000Give To This Project
- We recently had a strategic meeting with a group of local believers who want to reach the HH people (the local Muslim people group). The group decided to start a business and partner with local HH to run a coffee cart in their community. Last week we met with the HH lady, Haimi, who is going to be running the cart. We spent several hours discussing the cart and sampling the coffee. She is nervous about running the cart on her own and will allow us to find someone to help her run the cart. Please pray that we will be able to find a great local Christian lady to help her. Pray that we can find her this week. We have already arranged a barista training for next weekend.
- In order for Haimi to work with us she has to have permission from the local Imams. They agreed but have given her a lot of warnings. They know we are all Christians. They told her we are trying to proselytize her and they want her to report regularly to them. The Imams who lead the HH have also asked Bro. J (the leader of the business the believers started) to meet with them. Please pray for boldness for Bro. J as he prepares for this meeting!
- Please pray for our barista training. Aside from Haimi, every person who will be attending is a believer. We hope to get enough people trained so that we can do outreach events and also place baristas in café’s for the sake of the Kingdom!
⇑ Back To Top