« Projects Home
Demonstrate the gospel through medical screening clinics. Train local Christians and churches to serve ethnic minority communities and meet their health needs.Become An Advocate
Demonstrate the gospel to ethnic minorities through medical screening clinics and training local Christians and churches to serve these communities and their health needs.
As local Christians and churches are trained to provide for the health needs of ethnic minority communities, they are also equipped to share the gospel in contextually appropriate ways resulting in new disciples of Christ.
Your financial giving supports medical screening clinics and the equipping of local believers, with the skills they need to enter an ethnic minority community, meet physical needs, and share the gospel broadly with the largest unreached people group in East Asia.
SPECIAL PROJECT: You can help provide private in-home cervical cancer screening for ethnic minority women who because of their religious practices and fear, rarely, if ever see a doctor. Most get married in their teens and develop serious health issues by their mid-30s. By the time they admit their problem many already have stage 4 cervical cancer.
The ONE WOMANS HEALTH project will provide cervical cancer screening for 1500 women. $30 provides private in-home cancer screening (pap smear), lab testing and in-home delivery of results. The home visits provide opportunities to share the gospel with one of the largest unreached people groups in East Asia. Will you help provide cervical cancer education and screening for 1500 women? $30 can save a life.
China has a 5,000 year history with rich culture and traditions. This includes ethnic mnority traditions from as far back as the 7th Century. Minority groups are generally warm and hospitable. Less than 1% have heard the gospel message.
This project is located in many communities all throughout China, primarily in the rural western area with a very dry climate with high elevation. Chinese Christians throughout China are ready to be equipped to reach ethnic minorities, both in their community and beyond.
Upcoming Mission Trips
|07/01/2015 - 12/31/2018||FLEXIBLE DATES: team of 10 - minimum 4||TBD|
"One Community" trainers teach local Christians and churches how to meet physical needs and share the gospel with Chinese ethnic minorities. Your financial gift will
1) help local believers enter an ethnic community, meet physical needs and share the gospel broadly with the largest unreached people group in East Asia.
2) provide medical supplies to meet medical needs in ethnic communities.
3) provide travel expenses for local trainers to train Christians and churches.
- Blood pressure kit (Stethoscope + BP cuff) -- $30
- Growth kit (Scale, tape measure, growth chart) -- $15
- Dental Hygiene kit (toothpaste, toothbrush, pamphlet) -- $5
- Educational pamphlet -- $1
- Lunch during training -- $5
- Trainer salary -- $750/month
- Health assessment materials, equipment and supplies -- $1,500.
- Training materials -- $1,000.
- Travel expenses for local trainers -- $9,600
- Trainer compensation -- (2 trainers/year) $22,000
- Office expense -- $3,400
Total financial need: $37,500Give To This Project
- Pray that Christians will demonstrate the Gospel through medical screening clinics.
- Pray for local Christians and Churches to continue to have a burden for the ethnic minorities in their communities.
- Pray that local trainers will equip local Christians to grow in cross-cultural understanding and outreach
- Pray that the Gospel will be proclaimed to Chinese ethnic minorities.
⇑ Back To Top